Show Us Our Land
Send us photographs showing us where you belong and you could win a MacBook Air, an iPad 3 and R15 000 worth of photography study bursaries. Have your images be part of a public exhibition!
Simply post your image(s) on www.facebook.com/sociallandscape
View a selection of photographs that have already been submitted here
Terms and conditions apply, please see below for submission guidelines.
Terms and Conditions
1. Public entries are eligible for the 1st prize (Macbook Air), 2nd prize (iPad 3) and 3rd prize (R5000 study bursary at the Market Photo Workshop*). Current students and alumni within 5 years of the Market Photo Workshop are eligible for the 1st prize (R8 000 Photo Workshop study bursary), 2nd prize (R5 000 Photo Workshop study bursary) and 3rd prize (R2 000 cash prize). * Bursaries are transferable in agreement with the Market Photo Workshop, and are valid for 5 years within issue.
Rules and how to
2. Deadline for submission is 31 October 2012.
3. You may submit your photograph/s through the mechanisms available: the Social Landscape page on Facebook (your Facebook ID may be used) and email.
4. To be eligible for a Facebook entry, your entry must be shared on your home page.
5. Participation is open to the general public and is free of charge. Any data costs you may incur by submitting your photographs are your responsibility.
6. Submitted photographs must comply with the following requirements:
Photographs must be taken within the borders of South Africa
The date/year in which the photograph was taken must be indicated
You must own copyright to the photographs submitted, i.e. you have taken the photograph yourself or you were given full permission by the owner to submit their work
You must have consent from human subjects in your photographs, if any
Photograph resolution should ideally be greater than 0.3 megapixels – a higher-quality version may be requested at a later stage
All popular image formats are accepted
Watermarked images are not advisable but will be accepted (subject to the sole discretion of the organiser)
Photographs that have been digitally altered, e.g. with Instagram filters or Photoshop, will be accepted and judged on the merit of the photograph
7. You agree to not enter the competition if you are under the age of 18 without your parents’ or guardian’s consent.
8. By participating in this promotion you are granting the Social Landscape Project/Market Photo Workshop a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to display, publish, and otherwise promote your photograph/s, not excluding non-commercial use by project partners, on the Internet, print publications, and so forth.
9. You retain copyright to any photograph you submit and credit shall be given in the form © Your Name based on the information provided.
10. The judges' decision to include photographs in the public exhibition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The organisers reserve the right to amend and/or change these terms and conditions at any point during the competition including, but not limited to, reducing the duration of, extending and modifying the competition. The organisers also reserve the right to cancel the competition.
12. You agree that South African law applies to the operation of the competition.
13. All submitted photograph/s will go through a judging process by the Market Photo Workshop team, where a selection will form a part of the Social Landscape Project public exhibition on 23-24 November 2012 and travel to different locations, both nationally and abroad.
14. Participants whose submissions have been selected for the exhibition will be notified via email and telephone.
15. Employees of the Market Photo Workshop and the Market Theatre Foundation are not eligible for prizes.
Event organised as part of the France-South Africa Seasons 2012 & 2013.