Advanced Programme in Photography: now accepting applications
The Advanced Programme is a year-long course aimed at developing contemporary photographers. The course is designed to give students the structure necessary to explore, in their preferred mode, an independent and self-motivated body of photographic work, as well as a comprehensive portfolio. In addition, the programme aims to provide students with training in professional, technical and conceptual skills as an entry to the field of photographic practice, which includes:
- Working with relative independence to plan, research and implement an independent photographic project
- Responding effectively to briefs to produce photographic assignments in different professional contexts
- Developing a critically-informed approach to photography practice in different contexts, through an awareness of the history and current practice of photography
- Building a well-presented and consistent portfolio
- Engaging with professional opportunities, exercising skills in public relations, networking, efficient research and communication
The emphasis in the course is on self-directed learning, active participation in course subjects and projects, engagement with trainers, projects, and pursuit of an independent body of work. Students are required to begin defining their own areas of interest and specialisation. They should be able to critically reflect on personal strengths and weaknesses, and articulate their needs and aspirations in this regard.
Applications for the course starting on 22 August close on 29 July 2012. For more information on the course click here.
Please contact Patricia Kyungu for more information: