ISBK, Salzburg, Photographer in Residence Programme
The Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts (ISBK), in association with the Market Photo Workshop and Camera Austria, Graz yearly invites all Market Photo Workshop students and alumni to apply for a two-week residency programme.
The Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts hosts a Photographer in Residence for 2 weeks. The photographer will explore the Summer Academy and its context and will develop and carry out a photography project dealing with the Summer Academy, the courses, the locations, the surroundings, the atmosphere and the city. The photographer is required to present his/her project at “lunchtime talks” during the residency, and at the end of the project, handover an edit of the project to the ISBK. These requirements also apply in South Africa.
Subject to certain conditions, the residency will cover:
Travelling expenses – return airfare from South Africa to Austria and any required train travel. Visa and passport fees will also be covered.
- Accommodation – the photographer will be provided with a single room in a Guest House: Salzburger Studentenwerk, Haus Mozart Faberstrasse 19, A-5020 Salzburg, Austria
- The ISBK can also provide health insurance, if required
- Honorarium – the honorarium will be €1 000 per week, €2 000 gross
2010 – Thandile Zwelibanzi
2011 – Jay Caboz
2012 – Dahlia Maubane
- The residency is open to all students of the Market Photo Workshop
- The residency is open to alumni who have studied at the Market Photo Workshop since 2007
- The residency is open to individuals who have participated in the projects of the Market Photo Workshop since 2007
- Students and alumni who have previously travelled internationally on Market Photo Workshop projects, will not be eligible to apply for the residency. However, students and alumni who have travelled in the SADC region on Photo Workshop projects, are eligible to apply
- Women students and alumni are especially encouraged to apply
Applications must include the following:
- A comprehensive CV
- A one-page project proposal (keep in mind project description above)
- A pdf file of 20 photographs of previous work (no more that 5MB)
A panel of judges appointed by the Market Photo Workshop, including panelists from Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts and Camera Austria, will participate in the selection process. Applicants should be prepared for Skype interviews with project partners.
Applications are currently closed. For more information on the application process, please contact Bekie Ntini at firstname.lastname@example.org